List all the hormones produced or secreted by the pituitary gland and describe how those hormones are regulated.Need answer asap
Pituitary gland is an endocrine gland which secretes hormones directly into the blood stream. Pituitary gland is divided into two parts: anterior and posterior pituitary glands.
- Melanotrophins -> Melanocyte–stimulating hormones (MSHs)
- Gonadotropins ->Luteinizing hormone and Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)
- Lactotrophins -> Prolactin
- Corticotropins -> Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), beta endorphin
- Thyrotrophins ->Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH)
- Somatotrophins -> growth hormone
- Magnocellular Neurons -> Antidiuretic hormone, Oxytocin
Regulation of hormones can happen through proper signalling of the cells. Hormonal receptors are specific for each hormones thus no matter how long would a certain hormone travel throughout the body, it will bond specifically in a site to where its receptors is located. Receptors can be contained to any cells so when a hormone is released, only those that contains the specific receptor can respond to the signal; not to mention that a certain hormone is passing through a lot of different hormones inside the body.