There were many significant events in the Revolutionary War. Among the most significant events were:
- Battles of Lexington and Concord. These were important since they were the first battles of the war.
- Battle of Bunker Hill. This battle showed that it would be possible (if perhaps not advisable) for American troops to fight a conventional battle against British regulars.
- Battles of Trenton and Concord. These gave the Americans a win when they desperately needed one for the sake of morale. It helped to convince colonists to join the army or to remain in it when their enlistments were up.
- Battle of Saratoga. This is a major event because it convinced the French that the colonists could win. This led the French to start giving major help to the colonists.
- Battle of Yorktown. This was the final battle of the war. It also shows how important French help was since many of the soldiers were French and the French navy kept the British from evacuating their army from the siege at Yorktown.