In To Kill A Mockingbird , what are Scout's likes and dislikes?
price7781 | Certified Educator
Scout is not a typical "girl", and her likes and dislikes revolve around her independent spirit. Here are a few ideas of her likes and dislikes:
- Playing with Jem and Dill. She likes to roll around inside old tires and play games like a boy with her brother and friend.
- She likes to wear pants and get dirty.
- She likes to read the paper with Atticus every night and learn new words.
- She likes Calpurnia's cooking.
- She likes Miss Maudie and her garden of flowers.
- She likes the items Boo leaves in the tree for her.
- She dislikes being treated like a girl and expecting to act like one. This becomes a problem when Aunt Alexandria, who Scout really doesn't like that much, comes to live with them and expects Scout to join her at a tea party.
- She hates school because she gets in trouble the first day, and because it is boring. Scout is smart for her age, and school is too slow for her.
- She dislikes Nathan Radley and Mrs. Dubose because they are mean and not friendly.
Here are just a few. I hope that helps!