A video may be a nice accompaniment to your analysis/discussion of Frost's poem, for with the visual images, there may be an increased understanding of the reading of the poem.
It may also be interesting to point out the connection between nature and man's feelings. For instance, there is a question by another student regarding the change from a Romantic perspective to more of a Modernist. For instance, at first the speaker appreciates the beauty of nature, but, then, this same nature reminds the speaker of his duties in a world that is becoming increasingly fast-paced and, perhaps, meaningless.
If you are presenting the poem to a group, your purpose most likely will be to introduce the poem and help the audience understand and appreciate it. In making your presentation, consider including these steps:
- Introduce the poem by identifying it by name and sharing some information about Robert Frost. Don't give a biography of Frost, but do talk briefly about his poetry, the subjects he wrote about and the themes he often developed. For instance, many of Frost's poems are about nature and are set in New England.
- Provide a copy of the poem for your listeners, either as a handout or by projecting it onto a screen for viewing. Read the poem aloud as they follow along.
- Point out the setting and atmosphere of the poem, drawing attention to the details that establish them.
- Talk about the structure of the poem, how it is divided into stanzas and what is accomplished in each stanza.
- Discuss the themes or ideas that are developed in the poem, pointing out the significance of the final stanza and the narrator's frame of mind.
- If time permits, examine some of the poetic elements, such as rhyme scheme, meter, alliteration, figurative language, tone, and imagery.
- Conclude by making a statement of your own about the poem, what you especially like or appreciate about it.
Check out the eNotes links below for some excellent resources that discuss and interpret the poem. Good luck with your presentation!http://www.enotes.com/stopping-by-woods-snowy-evening http://www.enotes.com/stopping-by-woods-snowy-evening/style http://www.enotes.com/stopping-by-woods-snowy-evening/themes