3 Answers | Add Yours
An ulcer is a lesion in the lining of the stomach and they can cause a lot of pain. There are also different kinds of ulcers so it is very important to see a physician. He or she will also be able to help you identify ways to treat peptic ulcers.
For those who are looking for natural remedies for peptic ulcers there are many things that can be done. First of all, it is important to eat a lot of fresh, raw fruits and vegetables. For example, bananas are very good to eat. In addition, spicy foods should be avoided because these kinds of foods can irritate the stomach. Other stomach irritants include alcohol, coffee, and tobacco. It is also important to reduce stress. Stress can produce toxins in the body that aggravate peptic ulcers.
Natural/Home remedies for stomach ulcer are aimed at repairing and energizing the gastro-intestinal system allowing the body to heal itself. The following remedies can be sought:
a) Raw Cabbage--it is said to produce an amino acid which enhances blood-flow to the stomach lining;
b) Raw Honey--it is said to attack bacteria and strengthen the stomach lining;
c) Banana--it is known to protect the system by negating the acidity of gastric juices which reduces inflammation and strengthens the stomach lining;
d) Fenugreek Leaves--when brewed, it serves to protect the stomach lining;
e) Wood Apple Leaves--soak a few leaves in water at night, and drink the juice in the morning; it reduces inflammation and pain;
But don't forget to consult your doctor so that these home remedies can be properly combined with the conventional treatment.
First, let's clarify what does it mean stomach ulcer. Gastric and duodenal ulcer is a major medical problem. Both cause pain and digestive disorders in 10% of people, in certain periods of their lives, and after some severe complications, such as bleeding, may be the cause of premature death.
The treatment is of long duration and is mandatory accompanied by a strict diet. If an untreated ulcer slowly erodes the wall of a blood vessel lining, the result is internal bleeding. Vessel is bleeding inside the stomach, and the first sign is rapid fatigue and dizziness, fainting, the feeling of abdominal fullness, followed by haematemesis (vomiting blood) or melena (blood elimination with faeces). Perforation is less common than bleeding complication, its severity is at least equal if not greater, than the bleeding. A perforated ulcer requires close care, otherwise death can occur within 48 hours.
Natural remedies used for ulcer's treatment:
* 5 days cure with non acidic fruit juices, milk, vegetables (cabbage, potato, carrot, red beet, cucumber, spinach), every day eat 4-5 raw egg whites, made foam (without sugar), broken into 3-4 meals.
* The cure of juices and raw vegetables is held 1-2 months without eating onion, garlic, peppers (acute phase).
* 3 x 1 tablespoon lime coal per day.
* Cure of aloe preparation.
* Green barley juice, 3 x 50 ml. per day.
* Pollen, 2 x 2 tbsp, before meals (morning, noon).
* Internal cure with clay.
* A bath of sunlight per day.
* In case of haematemesis (vomiting blood) will practice bed rest, ice on the abdomen, remove the solid food, drink cold liquids with small sip rare (water with ice cubes, tea hemostatic).
* Gradually, after stopping bleeding, drink milk, eat fresh cheese, yogurt, raw egg white foam, mashed cereal.
* Practice exercise, first slowly, with easy movements, simple exercises, stair climbing, walking, dancing, yoga breathing techniques.
* Acupuncture, aromatherapy, herbal medicine, homeopathy, hypnotherapy, meditation, reflexology, shiatsu.
* Medical supervision
We’ve answered 319,857 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question