1 Answer | Add Yours
To graph equations, you'll have to follow the next steps:
- you'll have to draw the Cartesian coordinate system, namely the x horizontal axis and the y vertical axis, which is perpendicular to x axis at the point (0,0), called the origin of the system of coordinates.
- write the equation such as y to be isolated to the left side:
y = ax^n + bx^n-1 + ....
- plug in x values, from the domain of definition of the function whose equation is y = ax^n + bx^n-1 + .... For each x value will correspond a y value, such as you'll get specific pair of coordinates (x,y).
- graph the coordinates counting x units on the x axis and y units on y axis and mark these points.
- draw the graph of the function that passes through all these marked points.
Note that the curve depends on the type of expression of the function: if the function is linear, the graph will be a straight line and if the function is quadratic, the graph will be a parabola.
We’ve answered 319,857 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question