What are some tips to help escape exam stress?
1. Make sure that you are prepared. Cramming is going to add a lot more stress so study early and study often. Make a study guide and a study plan. Decide when you are going to tackle certain topics (it is easier to study if you plan the topics that build off of other topics early on).
2. Make sure you've assessed your strengths and weaknesses. You are the only person who knows what you do and do not know. Make sure that you are allotting more time to study the topics you are less sure about and allow less time to simply review the topics you feel you've mastered.
3. Make sure that you are getting sleep. Staying up all night studying is not going to help you- you will feel tired and more stressed the less sleep you have and caffeine is a false antitode.
4. The night before the test should be left for just a quick review or scan of a couple of topics, not an entire study session. Do something that you like to do -go to the movies, read a book, etc. and make sure that you get a good night of sleep the night before.
5. Make sure that you aren't changing major habits in the days before you take a test. If you aren't a caffeine drinker- don't start. If you want to quit smoking- do it after the test. Things like that. Don't make huge life changes surrounding a test.
6. Wake up with enough time before the test to be leisurely and have a good breakfast. Don't wake up so that you have to rush to the test. That will cause even more stress.