2 Answers | Add Yours
To format your hard disk during Windows 7 installation, you'll need to start, or boot, your computer using the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.
1. Turn on your computer so that Windows starts normally, insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, and then shut down your computer.
2. Restart your computer.
3. Press any key when prompted, and then follow the instructions that appear.
4. On the Install Windows page, enter your language and other preferences, and then click Next.
* If the Install Windows page doesn't appear, and you're not asked to press any key, you might need to change some system settings. To learn how to do this,see Start your computer from a Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.
5. On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms, and then click Next.
6. On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Custom.
7. On the Where do you want to install Windows? page, click Drive options (advanced).
8. Click the partition that you want to format and click Format.
* If you have more than one partition on this hard drive and want to get rid them to make one big drive again, then select a partition and click on the Delete option for each partition. Once you have deleted all of the partitions, select the Unallocated Space partition and click Format.
9. Pick the formatting option that you want.
10. When you've finished formatting, click Next.
11. Follow the instructions to finish installing Windows 7, which include naming your computer and setting up an initial user account.
* If you do not want to reinstall Windows 7, you can cancel the installation at this point and keep your newly formatted drives.
Formatting in the profession of computers means marking out the total memory in memory devices such as hard disks, DVD disks and pen drives in smaller units of data storage. We can think of these memory devices of computers as large continuous roll of paper, or a gigantic sheet of paper, which needs to be marked out in separate pages and each page may need to be marked in separate rows.
Operating systems of computers have facilities for formatting of different type of devises. The formatting is done by physically connecting the devices to the computer and then giving appropriate operating system command to format the device.
We’ve answered 319,827 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question