I would take each of your sentences and make a little list of the things you think it might be saying. Make sure not to just summarize or restate what it is saying. In making your list of ideas, think of how you would finish these two sentence starters:
- This quote shows...
- This quote is important because...
In looking at your first quote, I might have a list that looks like this:
- Man must thrive on human interaction.
- The stage in life wherein that interaction has potential to drop is in elderly years, after retirement.
- Lack of interaction cripples the elderly possibly more than disease or faulty muscle tone.
- Living alone deteriorates one's social ability
- Potential struggles may be depression, anxiety, and fear.
- Getting lost in their own mind may even be one of their struggles.
After looking at all the ideas I am capable of generating, I mix up about 3 of them in one sentence to make myself sound intelligent and show some interpretation of the quote I am using.
You try with your second quote.