How does public health differ from personal health?
The concept of public health consists in promoting all-round programmes for the prevention and treatment of diseases/health hazards of a group/community/nation conducted by governments/semi-goverment agencies/non-government organizations in different domains of social/public life. The goals of such programmes include awareness building, prevention, management/erradication with regard to all sorts of threats towards the health and hygiene of the people. Public health programmes deal with:
* environmental awareness campaign ;
* awareness of infectious diseases ;
* vaccination/erradication programmes ;
* supply of pure drinking water ;
* services to provide standard health care for all ;
Personal health, on the other hand, is all about individual health care: washing hands, taking balanced diet, regular health check-up, to be in touch with health care professionals etc.