How does physical science explain most of what you do in your daily life?
gsenviro | Certified Educator
Physical science deals with non-living things and includes physics, chemistry, earth science, etc. Many aspects of our day to day can be explained by physical science. Here are some examples:
- The food that eat is a product of photosynthesis, a chemical process, and so is its cooking and preparation. (eating fruits is a physical process).
- When we walk or do anything, energy is used up, the same energy that was generated because of metabolism of food in our body (A chemical process).
- We experience climate changes and have to wear a cap (when its sunny) and use an umbrella, when it is raining. All these aspects of earth are studied under earth science, a component of physical sciences.
- We look up and appreciate the sky and the stars, study of which is astronomy and can answer a number of our related queries.
- We talk to someone or listen to a television, all the issues pertaining to such experiences can be explained by acoustics, a sub-discipline of physical science.
There can be numerous other examples.
Hope this helps.