To start up a business you must regester with the Department or Revenue. You must meet the following.
- Your business is required to collect sales tax.
- Your gross income is $12,000 per year or more.
- Your business is required to pay taxes or fees to the Department of Revenue.
hope that helped...
5 Steps to Registering Your Business from the SBA
1. Determine and Register the Legal Structure of Your Business
a. limited liability company
2. Register Your Business Name
a. your name
b. “Doing Business As” name i. fictitious name or name other than your full name ii. register it with the appropriate state government authorities
3. Obtain Your Federal Tax ID
a. if you have employees or are structured as a business partnership or corporation (and other types of organizations)
b. obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN)
4. Obtain State Tax IDs
a. obtain tax IDs and permits from your state's revenue agency
5. Obtain Licenses and Permits