1 Answer | Add Yours
First, it should be noted that all answers on eNotes are for purposes of study only. For any actual medical advice, you should consult a licensed health care provider. Only a health care provider who has actually examined you in person can legally and legitimately give you advice about your health.
The standard treatment for acute carbon monoxide poisoning is oxygen therapy, whether breathing pure oxygen or in more extreme cases, hyperbaric oxygen. The patient is normally kept under observation in a hospital until acute symptoms diminish due to a variety of potential negative effects, including cardiovascular ones.
The main recommendation for chronic carbon monoxide poisoning is locating and eliminating the sources of environmental carbon monoxide. Long term cardiac monitoring may also be recommended due to the higher than average incidence of cardiac problems in people who have undergone acute carbon monoxide poisoning.
We’ve answered 319,199 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question