1 Answer | Add Yours
Julius Caesar is primarily remembered for having a major hand in the transformation of the Roman Republic into the Roman Empire. Due to his military prowess he had formed a triumvirate with Pompeii and Crassus, this alliance was eventually frayed after the death of Crassus and a falling out with Pompeii. Julius Caesar eventually amassed enough power to be declared sole dictator of Rome and proceeded to make reforms that consolidated his power. Some of the other major transformations that occurred as a result of Julius Caesar were:
- The Conquest and subjugation of Gaul (modern day France) and the invasion of the British Isles.
- The introduction of the Julian calendar.
- Introduction of term limits for Roman provincial governors.
- Reforming the Roman citizenship process.
- Increasing the number of Roman senators and reducing the power of the senate.
We’ve answered 319,676 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question