2 Answers | Add Yours
There are a few great ways to study for studying science safety and tools test. You can begin by taking the study guide and your schools safety rules and procedures. Create note cards to help you memorize the particular rules and related tools. When studying with note cards, put the question, word or picture on one side and the answer on the back. Read the question, word or picture and answer it. Check yourself. If you are correct lay it in one stack. Incorrect answers go in a different stack. Go back and reread and requiz until you can answer all the questions. It is important that you go back over the note cards for several night to ensure that you are able to recall all the information needed. If you miss a question, move the card and restart the process. Safety in Science labs are very important and it is necessary that you know how to conduct yourself safely. Good luck!
You can watch videos about science safety and scientific tools, read the lessons from the books or goggle them and read the information. Grasp them and try to solve quizzes for better understanding.
There are various scientific tools which are used by students, scientists, botanists, astronomers, etc for precise measurements and observations. Based on your level you can google and watch video for their use.
Some of the Safety tips to be followed in a laboratory are stated for your reference:
- Follow all verbal and written instructions.
- Work in the lab only in the presence of the teacher or lab instructor.
- Familiarize yourself with the procedures and manuals, resources and guidelines for working in your school's laboratories. These include chemical safety information and laboratory equipment safety information
- Do not hesitate to ask questions.
- Learn the location and proper usage of the eyewash fountain, fire extinguisher, safety shower, fire alarm box, office intercom button, evacuation routes, cleanup brush and dust pan, glass/chemical disposal can and any additional safety equipment including evacuation procedures.
- Report all accidents to your teacher or lab instructor.
- Keep a focus on your projects and experiments; do not play, joke, distract others, or engage in behavior that could lead to injury of yourself or others.
- Before beginning work in the lab, prepare yourself with a thorough understanding of the instructions, objectives of the experiment, and understanding of the materials
- Begin with a clean work surface with your instructions clearly posted and available; have a clear, clean work space and eliminate unnecessary books, book bags, equipment, etc.
- Wear goggles and lab aprons and wear appropriate clothing and avoid loose fitting garments that can cause spills as well as open-toed footwear or sandals
- Use care when accessing or transporting stock chemicals and only under supervision
- Use equipment only as directed;
- View the contents of experiments from the side; never directly look into an experiment as in a test tube.
- Carefully smell experiments using your hand to "fan" the odor or fumes towards you and only when instructed to do so.
- Never taste or ingest chemicals or materials in the lab;do not carry food, drink and gum etc. into the lab area.
- Return all lab materials and equipment to their proper places after use as instructed; clean lab space as per instructions.
We’ve answered 318,983 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question