4 Answers | Add Yours
I think that a bit more clarification is needed in terms upon what your research is focused. In discussing the assassination of Dr. King, what will you be delving through your research? In terms of where you need help, at which points do you find challenge? I believe that you might need to identify some specific talking points where discussion on enotes could be beneficial. Additionally, you might also need to make sure that your topic is clear and highly focused because with a research paper, it is quite easy to meet the page requirements featured. If you are bound by it and not going over, then I believe making sure you have clearly refined and defined the topic will be of vital importance.
We can't write your papers for you but here are some facts:
- Martin Luther King Junior was born Michael Luther King Junior in 1929.
- He attended segregated schools until the age of 15 when he graduated High School.
- He received a B.A. degree from Moorehouse college in 1948.
- He then persued theological studies and received a B.D. in 1951.
- In 1955 he recieved his doctorate.
- In 1954 he became pastor of Dexter Avenue Baptist church. By that time he was already on the executive committee of the NAACP.
- He became the leader of the first Negro nonviolent demonstration.
- He was a prominent leader of the civil rights movement.
- At the age of 35 he became the youngest man to win the Nobel Peace Prize for his fight of civil liberties.
- By 1968 he was fighting for an end to the Vietnam War.
- On April 4, 1968 he was assassinated on the balcony of a motel in Tennessee.
- Many believe James Earl Ray was the man who killed him, but Martin Luther King Juniors family believes otherwise.
- He was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Gold Medal after his death.
We cannot write papers for you on here, but we can help you with ideas. If you could ask a more specific question, we would be more likely to be able to give you a good answer.
Without knowing what information you need, I would focus on two things in this. First, I would look at James Earl Ray, the man who killed King. I would try to find out about what his motives were.
Second, I would (if you are allowed to) look at the speech that King gave the night before he was killed. It is a pretty amazing thing when you consider that he did not know he was about to die.
This should be a fairly easy paper to write since there is a lot of information on this topic. You will want to begin your paper with an introduction. Here you will prepare the reader for what they are about to read.
You will also want to introduce the reader to Martin Luther King, Jr. Most people know who he is but you will want to write about what he stood and fought for. Introduce the reader to the time period and what was happening in the United States with civil rights.
This is where you can discuss his assassination. Describe to the reader what the day was like, who was present, and what he was speaking about. You can explain how he was brutally assassinated in front of so many people. Include dates and times.
When you write the conclusion you should give a brief summary of your paper. Also discuss how important this historical figure is to American history.
We’ve answered 319,814 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question