Help with vocabulary from "Of Mice and Men."1) Would you rather be treated scornfully or solicitously? Why? 2)What events might cause someone to behave sullenly? 3)Is something that is Monotorous...
Help with vocabulary from "Of Mice and Men."
1) Would you rather be treated scornfully or solicitously? Why?
2)What events might cause someone to behave sullenly?
3)Is something that is Monotorous usually enthralling?
4)Describe on what objects someone might see examples of gingham?
5)I(f you are behaving dutifully towards your parents, what is your bahavior like?
6)Would you want to be described as someone who is known for behaving belligerently?
PLZ Help Noww!!! Thanxxxxx
1. I would rather be treated solicitously because I would never wanted to be treated hatefully.
2. Many things make people sad and sullen: the loss of a pet, breaking up with a boyfriend/girlfriend, having rumors spread about them....
3. Monotonous things are repetitive and very boring and never enthralling.
4. Babies and baby dolls often wear gingham dresses.
5. To act dutifully towards your parent, you much obey them and do as they ask.
6. I do not like to fight and argue; therefore, I would never want to be described as belligerent.
1.) Scornfully means hatefully, so I would rather be treated solicitously because I wouldn't like people to think badly of me.
2.) Sullenly is similar to sadly and forlornly, and so the death of a loved one, a child being punished for something they didn't do or somebody being forced to move out of their house might cause someone to behave sullenly.
3.) Monotonous means that something is boring and drags on too long. It is usually used to describe how someone speaks- droning on in the same tone, so it would not be enthralling at all.
4.) Gingham is a chequered pattern of usually just two colours. The most common use is on a tablecloth, or it could be a pattern for a dress or skirt.
5.) Dutifully means that you do everything someone tells you, and you serve and obey them, so if you were behaving dutifully to your parents, you would be doing as you were told and carrying out your chores/tasks.
6.) Belligerent means you are engaged in fighting, and so I would not like to be known for behaving belligerantly- I would get a reputation of being bad.
I really hope that this has helped you and sorry if my answer was too long- you can cut it down if you like! :)