- What is the significance of the title of Book the Third? In what earlier scene did Dickens refer to an approaching storm?
- What effect does Madame Defarge have on Lucie when the Defarges visit Lucie’s apartment? How does Dickens symbolically show this effect?
- How is Dr. Manette changed by saving Charles Darnay? How does he now look on his long years of imprisonment?
- How would you describe the character of The Vengeance? Does she seem like a real person to you? What, do you think, is the reason Dickens does not give her real name?
- Do you think that good consequences can ever come from violent beginnings? Explain.
- Do you believe at the end of this section that Darnay is finally safe from the Revolution? Why or why not?
For the following questions, only go off information from Book3 Ch1-6. Any help on these would be great, I've been really backed up with school lately due to sports and some family issues.