i want you to give me names of famous people and their titles
like george washington-commander in chief of continental army
or edgar allen poe-wrote the raven
stuff like that,long lists ok :)
7 Answers | Add Yours
Johannes Gutenberg- one of the inventors of moveable type
Sir Isaac Newton- developed calculus, laws of motion, and explained gravity
GWF Hegel- leading philosopher of the German Idealists
Alexander Hamilton- first Secretary of the US Treasury
Benjamin Franklin- inventor, scientist, signer of the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution
Martin Luther King, Jr.- Civil rights leader and minister
I'm a big Civil War buff, and I especially love Confederate history. So...
- Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America
- Alexander Stephens, Vice President of the Confederate States of America
- Robert E. Lee, commanding general of the Confederate armies
- J. E. B. Stuart, commander of cavalry of the Army of Northern Virginia
- Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson, commander of the II Corps of the Army of Northern Virginia
How about a few more: St. Paul -- the person most responsible for creating the early Christian church; Muhammad -- the prophet who started the Islamic faith; Siddhartha Gautama -- the man who became the Buddha; Joseph Smith, the prophet who started the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, better known as Mormons.
Hitler and Stalin.
I'll list a few:
- William Shakespeare, author of many plays and sonnets.
- Jane Austen, author of 'Pride and Prejudice' and 'Emma'.
- George Orwell, author of 'Animal Farm'.
- Jack London, author of 'Call of the Wild'.
- Charlotte Bronte, author of 'Jane Eyre'.
And so on.
I would like to list who really made a change in the faith and account for a lage proportion of the world population today, though they may not be following their Books as required:
- Abraham - The prophet revealed with Scriptures and father of the prophets as called by the followers of a chain of religions - Judaism, Christianity and Islam
- David - The Son of Isaac blessed with Scriptures that form a part of the Old Testament
- Moses - The prophet revealed with Torah, a part of the Old Testament
- Jesus - The prophet revealed with Gospel, whose follwers are known as Christian
- Mohammad - The one who validated the previous Books and prophets of God, and was revealed with Quran, the Complete Code of Conduct for Mankind, leaving no room for any prophet or code of conduct in time to come according to his followers (Muslims), with religion Islam - The fastest growing religion at this time
- Gautam Buddh - The Founder of Buddism
- The unknown founder of Hinduism
We’ve answered 319,632 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question