The primary strategy that companies use to control healthcare costs within their organization is through a corporate wellness program. Corporate wellness programs can come in many forms and have a myriad of features, some of the most common elements are:
- Health and lifestyle newsletters
- A stop or no smoking campaign
- Corporate discounts on health club membership or on premises gym facility
- Intra company health and sporting activities
- Rewards and recognitions for maintaining healthy life practices
- Corporate health and fitness seminars for employees
Another element controlling health care costs is by enrolling as many employees as possible on a company group health plan (if one is carried). More people on a plan mean better rates and greater overall cost savings.