What are some common stakeholders of a company?
pohnpei397 | Certified Educator
A stakeholder, in terms of business, is anyone who is affected by the actions of a particular business. Some common stakeholders in a business include:
- Owners and shareholders. These people want the firm to make profits because that is how owners and shareholders make money from their investment.
- Employees. Employees are of course affected by the actions of the business. If it closes their plant, for example, they lose their jobs even if the company as a whole is doing well.
- Interest groups. For example, environmental interest groups are affected by the actions of oil companies. They care because the actions of such companies affect the issue they care most about.
- Government. The government wants companies to prosper so as to employ people and to pay taxes.
- Customers. These stakeholders care mainly about good quality products at low prices.