The obvious advantages are the accessibility and instantaneousness of information and availabiltiy for communication throughout the world. In addition, so many other conveniences are provided by computers with the vaious programs such as PowerPoint, office and accounting programs, etc. Indeed, anyone who has had to type on typewriters knows the advantages of putting one's term papers, etc. on a computer whose ease of corrections and advantage of saving the paper is invaluable. And, with Tax Day only briefly past, people have appreciated the ease of filing online.
However, along with these advancements of science comes the dilemma expressed by Aldous Huxley as he examined what he called the "advancement of science as it affects human individuals." He also stated, "the really revolutionary revolution is to be achieved, not in the external world, but in the souls and flesh of human beings," For instance, with email replacing the hand-written letter, or even the telephone call, and with love affairs being conducted across the internet, there seems a dehumanizing of people. Also, with information so easily posted and available, there can be a loss of privacy and identity. In addition, with the plethora of information available there is both the dilemma of sorting what is accurate from what is not reliable as well as the propensity of people, especially those of the "computer age" to readily believe what they read on the internet without analysis or critical thought of any kind. This tendency no longer to think for oneself is what can effect the "revolutionary revolution" to which Huxley alludes.
Computers today are becoming as important part of our lives as pen and paper were about fifty years ago. There can be no denying that this is because of many benefits we get from using computers. The many advantages of computers include:
- Computers hve made lot of computational and clerical work easy.
- Computers have made many tasks of modern life like buying and banking more convenient. We can shop and bank from our homes any time of the day and night.
- Computers has given easy access to lot of useful information through the Internet.
- Computers have made it easy for us to communicate and keep in touch with others.
- Computers have made available to us many new form of entertainment like computer games.
However use of computer has some disadvantages also. These include:
- In spite of continuously reducing prices, computers are still costly as compared to the pen and pencil they replaced.
- Use of computers require additional efforts in form of developing software and learning to use computers.
- Once an application on computer is developed and implemented, it becomes difficult to make even minor modification.
- Excessive use of computer for communication and keeping in touch with others threatens to reduce the intensity of personal bond that often develops between people.
Computers have really become essential to modern life. Computers have opened doors for many who are disabled or have social anxiety enables them to make a income comfortably from their home. However the internet has also opened doors for the ignorant and people who take joy in torturing others. The internet is what we make it.
1. Immense growth in every sector is mainly because of the computer. Especially in a medical field it helped saved the millions life.
2.Updating the data and retrieving them is crucial in any field.It saved so much time and energy and increased the productivity.
1. sole reliance on Technology is not always good. It should go hand in hand with human.
2. It curtails the human interaction which in turn psychologically affects the entire youth and their social life.
Computers and technology are a part of life nowadays and this may have made us overly dependent on them. When a calculator is not needed, it's used. When we can look up the same information in a book, we look it up in the computer. This creates a crutch for us and those who are overly dependent on these, it may be harder for us in the future