Evacuation Order No. 19 by Julie OtsukaHi, If you have read the story,Evacuation Order No. 19 by Julie Otsuka, please answer the following question: 1. List three of the errands that Mrs. Hayashi...
If you have read the story,Evacuation Order No. 19 by Julie Otsuka, please answer the following question:
1. List three of the errands that Mrs. Hayashi performs at the beginnig of the story and explain the ultimate reason for each.
2. Name at least three things that the family has to give up when they move to the camp.
3. How is Mrs. Hayashi's life different after she returns from the camp?
4. What do Mrs. Hayashi's actions, words, and feelings tell you about get character? How does she change over the course of the story? support your answer with details from the text.
5. At the end of the story, that narrator, speaking as "I" for the first time, identifies herself as Mrs. Hayashi's granddaughter. How does this shift in point of view affect your response to the story? Are there details in the story that this narrator could not possibly have known? Explain.
6. Recall that irony is a contrast between expectation and reality, between what we think is appropriate and what actually happens. Why is it ironic that the boy and the girl in the story have so many typical American interest?
You have a lot of questions that you want answered, but they seem as if they'd be better suited to the question board. When you want to discuss your ideas and others about a story, novel, etc. then the discussion board is the place to post. However, these types of questions are seeking specific information. Post them in the question forum, and I bet you'll get better responses.