3 Answers | Add Yours
It's hard to say without knowing your purpose, or some more details about your results. In general, I'd say that you need to look at the data and decide where the trends are. In other words, what jumps out at you? Then discuss that in your essay.
In order to help you with this type of issue, we really do need to know more. Are you writing a summary about your survey? How long does it need to be? Any information that you can provide will help us to help you.
There are alternative ways of writing reports or essays on surveys conducted. The choice of appropriate format will depend, among other things, on the subject and purpose of the survey. However I am giving below a list of sections that may be included in the essay.
- The background covering why and under what circumstances the survey was conducted.
- The objective of the essay. In some research project this can be in the form of a proposition, the truth or otherwise of which you are establish through the survey.
- Summary of research findings and recommendations. Usually this section is written last but placed somewhere near beginning of the essay.
- Methodology of conducting the survey.
- Findings of the survey.
- Conclusions drawn from the research findings. When appropriate recommendations for action base on research finding may also be included here.
- Concluding the essay - there are no set rule for what this contains. It can be a short summary of the main finding, or in indication of future possibilities opened up by the findings, or identification of specific next steps to be initiated base on survey findings, or some combination of all these.
- Acknowledgements: It is useful to acknowledge and formally thank people who have contributed to making the survey successful. This becomes absolutely essential when the essay is long. The acknowledgements, when included come at the beginning of the essay. In short essays, it can also be included in the concluding paragraph.
We’ve answered 319,635 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question