I need at least 3 likely essays on Othello and 3 likely essays on Animal Farm which may appear in the matric exam.
Do you mean predominent themes which could very well show up on your exam? Here are the main ones which come to mind (but it's only a speculation):
Othello: portrayal of prejudice, racial or sexist, as revealed in both major and minor characters/ symbolic reversal of black and white/ imposture and deceit, primarily portrayed in the character of Iago/ Othello's rashness and jealousy as part of his tragic flaw (supposition)
Animal Farm: The story as an analogy to the Russian Revolution, with Napoleon and Snowball in the roles of Stalin and Trotsky/ the degradation of the community from an ideal to a dystopia/ propaganda and political repression in the story line/ expansion of no. 1 rule 'all animals are equal but some are more equal than other' throughout the story line (giving supporting evidence).
3 potential essay topics for Othello:
- Analyze the role of race in the play.
- Explore the theme of deceit.
- Compare and contrast the female characters.
3 potential essay topics for Animal Farm:
- Describe the development of social hierarchies among the animals and explain how these hierarchies compare to those of humans.
- Compare and contrast Napoleon and Snowball.
- Select a human tyrant from history or literature and compare this person to Napoleon.
Good luck on your exam!