Elaborate on the theme of "journeys." What are they?
Elaborate on the theme of 'journeys', and if there are any good texts based on this theme, then it would be good if you could supply them.
There are many texts which speak about a journey. A journey text is one which examines the transformation of the protagonist over the course of the text. A journey can be a physical one or a mental one. Many times, the journey is one which opens the mind of the protagonist to other views, their own identity, or the internal strength which they failed to recognize (if they are conscious of their weakness--sometimes it is the acknowledgement which becomes part of the journey). The protagonist comes out of their trials and tribulations stronger- typically both physically and mentally.
Here are a list of novels which examine the theme of a personal journey:
1. The Pearl- Steinbeck
2. The Grapes of Wrath- Steinbeck
3. The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit- Tolkien
4. Catcher in the Rye- Salinger
5. Sir Gawain and the Green Knight- Unknown
6. Monster- Myers
7. Speak- Anderson
8. The Hunger Games trilogy- Collins
9. To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee