This question can be answered in many different ways. In light of this, let me give you a number of ways in which computers have changed our society.
First, computers have changed the way information is saved and accessed. Now with a few clicks on a computer, people can access almost any piece of information. The speed at which people can access information has never been faster. We can say that the computer has democratized almost all information. This point cannot be overemphasized.
Second, computers have changed warfare. Now people use computers to conduct war in many ways. The threat of cyber-warfare is real and even within the past few years, many hackers have tried to break into our military systems. This area will certainly grow in the future.
Third, on a less serious note, computers have changed shopping and advertising. People are buying more on-line and advertisers are using on-line advertisement more to reach people.
The widespread adoption of computers has had lots of effects on society. First of all, it has impacted the way that we shop and make purchases. In some ways this change is positive, since the rise of online retailers like Amazon has given us greater choice as consumers over where we buy our goods. It also means that we can make purchases without having to leave the house. However, the ability to do our shopping online has affected physical stores by increasing the competition between companies.
In addition, computers have also changed the way we communicate with each other. The rise of email and social media networks, for example, has made it easier than ever for people to stay in touch with family and friends and to meet new people. Moreover, access to these services is free, making online communication a far cheaper alternative to sending letters or making phone calls.
For more changes, please see the reference link provided.
Computers have influenced all spheres of modern society in a big way. They have changed in many different ways all activities of human activity including our personal lives, business and industry. Some of the major changes in society brought about by computers are described below.
- The way people keep in touch with each other: This includes use of systems like e-mail, and networking sites.
- The way people entertain themselves using computer games, games played over the Internet, and other similar facilities. It also includes the way in which people listen to music and watch movies.
- The way people buy and sell things.
- The way people learn and teach. This includes direct Internet based lectures, as well as sites such as eNotes providing learning aids. Use of obtaining information from the web, particularly using search engines, has made a big impact on the way we learn and obtain other information.
- The way industries operate: This includes all spheres of industries including computer aided physical operation such as CNC machines and robot bases operation, instrumentation and control of physical processes, information processes such as production planning and control.
- Business processes including buying, selling, and advertising using Internet and other computer networks. It also includes physical business transactions carried out through facilities like ATM, automatic vending, and self check in/out counters in various establishments.
- Weather forecast and other similar technical applications.
- Scientific investigation and research.
The net effect of all these innovation is to make this world more connected place. For example individuals can not only communicate with others anywhere in the world instantly and economically. They can also buy and sell things worldwide on facilities websites like eBay. The business and industry has become more efficient and effective due to availability of better and faster information. Also, in general the pace of life has quickened.
Computers have been a part of society for a few decades now. I think that they have definitely changed society, and in my opinion for the better. I believe that with the new technology it makes it easier for people to communicate, get work done, and come up with new ideas. On the flip side, having computers also makes it easier to slack off and spend more time on them than with other things.