Yes, there is a need for school-parent communication mobile app for schools, colleges and universities. Right from admissions to examinations, from faculty and parents to alumni - all need login and instant access to data and transparency. Thus apps like SchoolA2Z and fedena are becoming popular.
SaaS (Software-as-a-service) and cloud-based ERP are necessary and useful for school-parent communication. The benefits of SaaS technology are
1. These apps are easy to administer.
2. The app provider gives automatic updates and also provides data to incorporate changes in school policies.
3. Since all users have the same version of the software, there will be no issues of compatibility and it will be easier to collaborate.
4. Some parents have to travel across the globe for work related activities. It is stressful if they are not connected with the schools and colleges of their kids during that period. Global accessibility is one of the most useful benefits of these apps.
5. The other advantage is cost. SaaS providers generally price applications using a subscription fee, most commonly a monthly fee or an annual fee. This makes them cheaper than traditional software which is conventionally sold as a perpetual license with an up-front cost. So it is cheaper for the school as well as parents.