Do you have any ideas for catchy newspaper titles for The Crucible?I'm thinking of writing about that scene where John and Abigail talk in the first act or about the scene in Act two where John...
I'm thinking of writing about that scene where John and Abigail talk in the first act or about the scene in Act two where John acknowledges his lechery.
This scene is done in secret right? And newspapers try to get as much of the who, what, when, where, why and how out as quick as possible. So, why don't you consider titles like:
- Shadows in the Parris Bedroom Window Prompt Suspicion, or
- Proctor and Williams, Probable Affair?
Abigail cites that she feels John, she feels his warmth under her bedroom window in that scene demonstrating that he longs for her. How about:
- Longings Unfulfilled in the Heat of the Night, or
- Salem's Late Night Heat
Maybe something very specific that gets to your point will make a reader want more detail:
- Proctor's Confession of Adultery with Abigail Williams Overheard
Here are a few ideas for Act II:
- To Cheat or Not to Cheat, That is the Question
- Hot or Cold? That depends. Abby or Elizabeth.
Lots of scenes in The Crucible lend themselves to courtroom drama--to drama of every kind, actually. So think about the following:
Octogenarian Pressed to Death but Does Not Confess
Teenage Girl Threatens Judge with Witchcraft
Poppet Reveals Truth: Witchcraft Afoot in Proctor Home