1 Answer | Add Yours
Chemistry has been further divided into different branches depending upon specialised fields of study. The various branches of chemistry are:
1) Inorganic Chemistry: This branch deals with the study of compounds of all other elements except carbon. It mainly deals with the study of minerals found in the crust of the earth.
2) Organic Chemistry: This branch deals with the study of carbon compounds specially hydrocarbons and their derivatives.
3) Physical Chemistry: This branch deals with the explanation of fundamental principles governing various chemical phenomena. It is basically concerned with the laws and theories of different branches of chemistry.
4) Industrial Chemistry: This branch deals with the chemistry involved in industrial processes.
5) Analytical Chemistry: This branch deals with the qualitative and quantitative analysis of various substances.
6) Bio-Chemistry: This branch deals with the chemical changes going on in the bodies of living organisms, plants and animals.
7) Nuclear Chemistry:This branch deals with the study of nuclear reactions, such as nuclear fission, nuclear fusion, transmutation processes, etc.
In addition to above branches there are several other branches of Chemistry developed in recent years. These include pharmaceutical chemistry, geo-chemistry, agricultural chemistry, medicinal chemistry, solid-state chemistry etc.
We’ve answered 318,915 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question