Critically examine Milton's treatment of Satan's character in Paradise Lost?
Here are some points about Satan from Paradise Lost:
- "Lucifer" means "light bearer."
- means "enemy" or "adversary" in Hebrew
- Ungrateful for God’s blessings
- Unafraid of being put to death or being damned eternally
- His greatest flaw is pride
- Cast down from heaven, alienated from the godly
- Deteriorates from a mighty fallen angel to a serpent
- Unable to reconcile his eternal punishment
- A picture of constant intellectual activity
(The entire section contains 210 words.)
check Approved by eNotes Editorial