Create 3 questions that deal with the themes found in this novel. All three can deal with the same theme set if you wish. (Civilization/Anarchy, Goo/Evil, Demorcracy/Autocracy)
8 Answers | Add Yours
1. Piggy's glasses could be used as a symbol for clear thinking and rational thought especially as they might manifest themselves in a society. As the story progress (and the society regresses), it's no coincidence that the state of his glasses follow the direction of their emerging world.
2. The conch is generally considered to be a symbol of order, law, and democratic rule.
3. The signal fire could be symbolic of hope, safety, and rescue.
All three of these "items" and what could be argued as their symbolic meanings, could be used to support any one of the themes present in the novel (e.g. that without laws, societies devolve into chaos; leadership is not simply based upon what leaders say, but also on how they think and present their ideas to those they lead).
1. What might Piggy's glasses symbolize in the novel?
2. What might the conch symbolize?
3. What might the signal fire represent?
Here are three questions that are suggested by the novel:
1. Is man's basic nature evil, or does evil exist only in some people?
2. For anarchy to rise, what elements in a civilized society must fail?
3. Does human nature work against democracy and more naturally lend itself to autocracy?
questions related with the theme...its great if they can answer those questions...
what do you want them to give it all to you?
@rugator: is that relate with the theme....can you also answer it...thanks a lots for your questions...
can you give me some more simple questions?...because I'm EAL student..so my english is not good enough...
We’ve answered 318,911 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question