What are cosmetic dermatology procedures for a smooth skin?
There are lots of different cosmetic dermatology procedures available to improve the "smoothness" of the skin. Here is a sampling of different offerings:
- Acne "Blue Light" therapy--This is meant to kill the bacteria that cause acne.
- Chemical Peel--This uses a chemical applied to the skin that removes the first few layers of skin (or deeper, depending on need.) This reveals the clearer skin that was underneath and can be used to remove surface skin imperfections.
- IPL (intense pulsed light)--similar to the "blue light" therapy with results similar to the chemical peel.
- Laser Resurfacing--a laser is used to sort of scrape the damaged areas of the skin, stimulating new skin to grow there.
- Laser Skin Tightening--uses a laser to stimulate the skin to "fill out," thereby reducing wrinkles.
- Microdermabrasion--sort of like using sandpaper on your face...only gentler.
- Photodynamic Therapy--a combination of laser and chemical.
- Plasma Skin--nitrogen plasma is employed which creates heat that stimulates new tissue growth.
- Thermage--uses radio waves to improve the skin.
Of course, I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. It is only a list of some of the treatments available. You should see a qualified dermatologist if you have more questions.