1 Answer | Add Yours
Hydration is the process of adding fluid (water) in the body system in order to fulfil certain metabolic functions, as therapy or preventive medicine to humans and other organisms.
Hydration in medical purposes is usually done to patients with lack of necessary moisture contents in the body system. The following are some medical concerns where hydration is necessary:
- It is used to lower the concentration of toxic substances accidentally taken by patients.
- Use to flush out large molecules in the digestive tracts for ease of excretion processes
- Rehydrate patients due to over exposure to heat
- To relieve people with fever as it can lower the temperature of the body
- For people who are trying to lose weight, water therapy is one of the alternative natural methods
- For aging patients, hydration is needed to prevent sagging of the skin and promotes elasticity
We’ve answered 319,647 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question