Classifying reactions and Identifying molecules
- Classify the following reactions:
- Hydrogen peroxide breaks down into hydrogen and oxygen gas.
- Phosphoric acid reacts with ammonia to form ammonium phosphate.
- Magnesium when placed in zinc chloride solution causes zinc metal to form.
- Sulfur reacts with iron to form iron sulphide.
- Sodium burns in oxygen to form sodium oxide.
Identify the molecules in the list below.CO2 H2O NaCl Li2CO3 N2 CaO Ar
1 Answer | Add Yours
To better illustrate the answers, the balanced chemical equation are given.
1. Decomposition reaction; H2O2 -> H2 + O2
2. Combination reaction or synthesis; H3PO3 + NH3 -> (NH4)3PO3
3. Single replacement reaction; Mg (s) + ZnCl2 (aq) -> MgCl2 (aq) + Zn (s)
4. Combination reaction or synthesis; S + Fe -> FeS
5. Single replacement reaction; 2Na + O2 -> 2Na2O
CO2 - Carbon dioxide
H2O - water
NaCl - Sodium chloride
Li2CO3 - Lithium carbonate
N2 - Nitrogen gas
CaO - Calcium oxide
Ar - Argon
We’ve answered 319,665 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question