Classifying reactions and Identifying moleculesClassify the following reactions: Hydrogen peroxide breaks down into hydrogen and oxygen gas. Phosphoric acid reacts with ammonia to form ammonium...
Classifying reactions and Identifying molecules
- Classify the following reactions:
- Hydrogen peroxide breaks down into hydrogen and oxygen gas.
- Phosphoric acid reacts with ammonia to form ammonium phosphate.
- Magnesium when placed in zinc chloride solution causes zinc metal to form.
- Sulfur reacts with iron to form iron sulphide.
- Sodium burns in oxygen to form sodium oxide.
Identify the molecules in the list below.CO2 H2O NaCl Li2CO3 N2 CaO Ar
To better illustrate the answers, the balanced chemical equation are given.
1. Decomposition reaction; H2O2 -> H2 + O2
2. Combination reaction or synthesis; H3PO3 + NH3 -> (NH4)3PO3
3. Single replacement reaction; Mg (s) + ZnCl2 (aq) -> MgCl2 (aq) + Zn (s)
4. Combination reaction or synthesis; S + Fe -> FeS
5. Single replacement reaction; 2Na + O2 -> 2Na2O
CO2 - Carbon dioxide
H2O - water
NaCl - Sodium chloride
Li2CO3 - Lithium carbonate
N2 - Nitrogen gas
CaO - Calcium oxide
Ar - Argon