1 Answer | Add Yours
- Fern Arable, a little girl, saves a piglet from being killed due to his small size. She names him Wilbur.
- Wilbur is sold to Fern's uncle and lives on his farm.
- Wilbur meets a spider named Charlotte, who becomes his friend.
- Wilbur learns that he will eventually be slaughtered, and Charlotte decides to help him escape this fate.
- Charlotte begins spinning words in her web, like, "Some pig!" Wilbur becomes famous for this strange phenomenon.
- Wilbur is entered into the county fair due to his fame. He will not be slaughtered because he has become too well-known.
- Charlotte lays her eggs and dies at the fair.
- Wilbur returns to the farm with Charlotte's egg sac and promises to protect it now that he has been saved from slaughter.
- Charlotte's eggs hatch, and all the baby spiders except for three leave the farm.
- Wilbur names the three baby spiders Nellie, Aranea, and Joy, and they stay with him.
We’ve answered 318,994 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question