1 Answer | Add Yours
This is a great assignment that I have also given my classes. It's especially tough because of the flashbacks and constant shifts in time sequence.
CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER OF EVENTS IN "A ROSE FOR EMILY"
- Emily's father dies.
- The Grierson taxes are remitted.
- Homer Barron comes to town.
- Homer and Emily become a couple.
- Homer disappears--the first time.
- Emily's relatives arrive to discuss her relationship with Homer.
- Emily's relative leave; Homer returns.
- Emily buys rat poison.
- Homer disappears again.
- "The Smell" emerges.
- Men from the town spread lime around her house.
- Emily gives china-painting lessons.
- Members from the Board of Alderman try to serve Emily a tax notice.
- Miss Emily dies.
- Tobe disappears.
- Miss Emily's funeral.
- The upstairs bedroom is entered, and the body on the bed--and the strand of hair on the pillow--are found.
We’ve answered 319,865 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question