Can you please help me write a lead story with the major details of the global issue " Climate change"? Thank you very much!
ako6777 | Certified Educator
I can not write the story for you but I can give you some ideas to discuss in your story on climate change.
- You could review the increase in greenhouse gases. Since the industrialization era, carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases have risen substantially. From 1990-2005 greenhouse gases have increased by 26%. Emissions of carbon dioxide have increased by 31% over this time.
- Ocean heat has risen significantly since the 1950s. Ocean heat impacts sea surface temperatures, sea level, and currents.
- The acidity of the ocean has risen in the last twenty year. This is due to an increased amount of carbon dioxide dissolved in the water.
- Arctic sea ice has decreased in mass. In 2009, the amount of arctic sea ice was 24% below the 1979 to 2000 historical averages.
- Glaciers have decreased in size since the 1960s. Glaciers worldwide have shrunk by 2000 cubic miles of water since 1960.
- Over the past three decades there have been over 6000 heat related deaths in the US.
- The length of the growing season has increased by about two weeks since the beginning of the twentieth century. The changes reflect earlier spring warming and later arrival of fall frosts.
Below is a link that should be helpful to you. This is where I found the above information