I have to do a visual about D-Day Invasion, Can you give me some ideas of what to put on the poster board, or whatever? I need some ideas.
4 Answers | Add Yours
You can include photos of the beaches and landing grounds, with the landing craft unloading ships, or a photo of the beach before the invasion with all of the tank traps and pillboxes. You could put in pictures of the overall massive naval armada used in the attack, or an after shot of the beaches with all the Allied casualties on them.
Here are some more suggestions:
1. You could have various pictures of amphibious vehicles carrying men towards the beaches.
2. Eisenhower addressing the troops saying "full victory or nothing else."
3. D-day Cemetery to remember the brave fallen. This can be very moving. See the flickr picture on the link below.
4. A parade celebrating the victory with survivors of D-day.
This sort of depends on what you're trying to say about it, but here are a few ideas:
- A map of the invasion beaches (Gold, Juno, Sword, etc) labelled with which country's soldiers invaded.
- Pictures of notable people involved in the invasion, like Eisenhower
- Maybe better than that would be some pictures of individual soldiers from that day since they were the ones who actually were in physical danger.
- Some sort of graphic representation to show how many people were involved. Maybe you could compare it to the size of your HS or your town or something. You could do this for the number of soldiers who went on to the beaches and the number who gave their lives or were wounded.
We’ve answered 319,631 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question