1) If they don't love you back, you may be rejected.
"So quick bright things come to confusion" (1.1)
2) You should not have to pursue love like a wild animal trying to avoid a hunter. 'Over hill, over dale, / Thorough bush, thorough brier, / Over park, over pale, / Thorough flood, thorough fire,
I do wander everywhere." (2.1)
3) Infatuation is often mistaken for love and it is often temporary. "O hell! to choose love with another's eye." (1.1)
4) Love can be cruel. If you don't like pain, don't love. "Bless thee Bottom, bless thee! Thou art translated." (3.1.114)
5) Love can make you do stupid things. "Lord, what fools these mortals be!" (3.2.115)
6) Love should be mutual, not 'pursued'. "A lion among ladies is a most dreadful thing." (3.1)
7) Love is often self-absorbed. "O, when she's angry, she is keen and shrewd! / She was a vixen when she went to school; / And though she be but little, she is fierce." (3.2)
8) Love is obsessive and blinds us to reality.."Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind". (1.1)
9) Love often puts other goals on hold. "The lunatic, the lover, and the poet / Are of imagination all compact." (5.1)
10) Love is a battlefield (to quote Pat Benatar). Be prepared to fight! "The course of true love never did run smooth". (1.1).