Can someone give me an essay outline for To Kill a Mockingbird with the topic of social inequality and prejudice? I usually need a little help when it comes to essay outlines but all I can find...
Can someone give me an essay outline for To Kill a Mockingbird with the topic of social inequality and prejudice?
I usually need a little help when it comes to essay outlines but all I can find are entire essays to copy, which I don't want to do. I'm looking for a basic 5 paragraph essay outline with the topic being the theme of social inequality and prejudice in Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird.
Primary types of prejudice and social inequality in To Kill a Mockingbird:
- RACIAL PREJUDICE. Characters: Tom Robinson, Helen Robinson, Calpurnia. Examples: The jury verdict against Tom; Alexandra's feelings about Calpurnia.
- GENDER BIAS. Characters: Miss Maudie, Miss Stephanie, Mayella, Misses Tuttie & Frutti. Examples: Women are generally portrayed as eccentric or unusual.
- AGE BIAS. Characters: Various children in minor ways. Example: Mr. Avery's superstitions about children.
- MENTAL INSTABILITY. Characters: Boo Radley, Dolphus Raymond. Examples: Boo portrayed as a ghoul; Dolphus portrayed as a drunk.
- CLASS BIAS. Characters: The Cunningham Family, the Ewell Family, Dolphus Raymond. Examples: Alexandra bans Walter Cunningham Jr. from the Finch house; the Ewells are considered the "disgrace of Maycomb."