The purpose of eNotes is NOT to write papers for students so that they can turn them in to their teachers pretending that they are their own. I will provide you with a short summary of Rudyard Kipling's "Rikki-Tikki-Tavi," but I will simply list some facts. Hopefully you will rewrite your essay from scratch using the information I have provided. Better yet, read the story again and write your essay yourself.
- Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is a mongoose.
- Rikki is found by Teddy, a boy who lives in the bungalow that includes the garden where Rikki lives.
- Teddy's father allows Rikki to sleep with Teddy.
- The family grows to respect Rikki.
- Rikki tangles with a pair of cobras in the garden the next day. It is his first battle with a snake.
- Rikki saves Teddy from a smaller but poisonous snake, endearing him further to the family.
- Rikki learns that the cobras, Nag and Nagaina, may return to the bungalow that night. Rikki kills Nag, but Nagaina escapes.
- The next day, Rikki kills Nagaina's eggs, preventing the birth of any more deadly cobras.
- When Rikki returns to the veranda of the bungalow, he finds Nagaina preparing to strike at the family.
- Rikki lures Nagaina with her last remaining egg, and Rikki follows her into her underground home. The other animals in the garden believe Rikki will be killed.
- But Rikki emerges from the hole, having killed Nagaina, and he remains with the family for the rest of his life.