Can somebody give me a good animal abuse theisis?I'm writing about an animal abuse argument, and I am against animal abuse. I just don't know what kind of animal abuse thesis to write.
Given the stand which you have made, "I am against animal abuse," you have a good start. For any good essay, you must take a stand.
That being said, your statement is one which most people would tend to agree with. Therefore, you need to find something to argue in the essay. A good start would be: what is considered animal abuse?
To do this, you would want to define the specifics of what constitutes animal abuse in your mind. What this does is provide a very specific idea about what animal abuse is. Some people may not agree with a universal definition and your essay would try to provide this.
A good thesis statement would include the definition which you come up with to define what animal abuse actually is. Examples are as follows:
1. Animal abuse is not defined by all people in the same way. Animal abuse includes... (you would insert your definition of animal abuse).
2. Some people may think that animal abuse is only defined by physically hitting an animal. Animal abuse is actually much more than physical abuse.
Most students believe they have to come up with a thesis before they research or write a paper, but a good thesis is a thesis that emerges after research, after collecting information from your research. This may occur early as you take notes or later after your first draft. As you shape your thesis remember what a thesis is and isn’t:
- A good thesis indicates what your paper is about (it is not a statement of fact)
- A good thesis is a sentence for your audience to consider, discuss and is provable or defendable against arguments.
- A good thesis presents the question you are arguing and answering in your paper. (It will have an active verb such as “generalize vs. generalization.”
- A good thesis is not a list or confrontational such as “Wall Street collapsed because rich people are evil.” This is not an argument but a subjective opinion.
- A good thesis is not broad but specific. Writing about the 16th century is broad, but writing about a particular period in artist’s career such as the Blue Period in Picasso's career is specific.
I hope these tips help you and will make it easier to decide on a good thesis.
i need a good thesis statement on animal abuse