1 Answer | Add Yours
The late Peter Sellers plays a trio of characters in this great Stanley Kubrick Cold War satire. Sellers plays
- Captain Lionel Mandrake, a Royal Air Force officer who issues the order by General Ripper for the nuclear attack.
- President Merkin Muffley, the indecisive American leader.
- Dr. Strangelove, the former Nazi scientist who is now wheelchair-bound and the possessor of an unusual arm twitch.
Other characters include:
- General Buck Turgidson (George C. Scott), a patriotic commander and Commie hater who tries to convince the President to annihilate Russia before they do it to the U.S.
- General Jack Ripper (Sterling Hayden), who orders the nuclear assault for fear of the Russians contaminating Americans' "bodily fluids."
- Major "King" Kong (Slim Pickens), who faithfully delivers the bomb and then dramatically (and hilariously) rides it down to earth as if it were a rodeo bull.
- Colonel "Bat" Guano (Keenan Wynn), who is sent to stop Ripper.
- Lieutenant Lothat Zogg (James Earl Jones), the plane's bombardier.
- Alexei de Sadeski (Peter Bull), the Soviet ambassador.
We’ve answered 319,865 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question