Based on price, which intermediary provided you the cheapest choice for the trip?
You are employed by a large company in its event management offices. The company is planning an incentive trip to Mexico for its 25 top salespeople. You are in charge of choosing the best online intermediary based on price to use for the company’s trip. The requirements that were given to you from the company's event planner was to make sure you booked the rooms at an all-inclusive resort for the nights of New Year's Eve and New Year's Day in Cancun, Mexico. The only requirement about the rooms is that they all should be single rooms with king-size beds.
Researching Web sites and prices, find 3 different online intermediaries that could be used for this incentive trip
The references are for three intermediaries capable of booking group reservations for all-inclusive resorts in Cancun, Mexico. They are selected based on the following:
- Access to resorts having 25 single King rooms available for December 31, 2011 with checkout on January 2, 2012
- Competitive pricing for four to five star resorts
- Able to handle group bookings online
- Toll-free number for assistance
The sites I choose are as follows:
Intermediary Price range for 4 or 5-star room
1. Hotel Planner USD $176.00 – 244.00
2. We Know Mexico USD $189.00 – 288.00
3. Hotwire USD $243.00 – 253.00
Although it is my opinion that these sites will provide the best value, please be aware that room availability changes from day to day. Also, prices may vary with booking method. It is highly recommended that you visit the sites and then telephone a group event planner for the site you choose