Any good ideas on how to present a 5-6 slide powerpoint illustrating findings and summarizing the inheritance of sex-linked traits?
I would have the following slides
1. Queen Victoria, and Hemophilia.
2. Punett squares highlighting how hemophilia only shows up in the male offspring where neither parent has the disease but the mother is a healthy carrier
3. Punett squares highlighting how the female offspring of a hemophilia carrier tend to also be healthy carriers.
4. Show how the grandsons of Queen Victoria (in the royal families of Europe) were frequently afflicted with Hemophilia.
5. Listing of other disorders that are commonly sex-linked.
A good way to start is by using the PIPIC color vision test plates. Ask your audience to quietly to themselves acknowledge whether or not they see a number, and if they do what is that number? I do this with my students and EVERY year I will have at least one student who finds out he is colorblind! Depending on the size of your audience you may have multiple individuals shocked to find out they too are color blind! It is a great way to introduce the topic and spark interest!