I am supposed to make an arguement thesis for this book but have trouble thinking about topic. It says that it must be based on some topic in this book. I was thinking about writing how each character symbolizes a part of Meiji Era. Think this would be boring though and not really a argument. Is there any ideas you can think of? or tips? Has to be at least 10 pgs
From the novel: I am a Cat, it present various idiosyncrasy and individuality of man that you can relate on modern society based on your own observations. This will help you with the argument such as: whether you are cat or a person, there are things in life that can be overcome (triumphant) or, in contrast, inevitability of what was fated to happen like death or experience ups and downs in life.
Will you prefer to argue with “braved all odds” or “go with the flow mindset”?
You can ponder on the insights/observations from:
- Romantic interest for opposite sex (Interest with a female cat).
- Ways to deal with bullying (cat’s scene).
- Arrange marriage (Parent’s control over their children).
- Marriage between rich and poor (Social status does not matter).
- Superiority complex (teacher and student scene).
For effective sound argument thesis, it helps to follow some of these criteria:
- Clear, simple, and specific ideas.
- Logical and reasonable perspectives.
- Controversial to be more engaging in proving and convincing readers that you have a valid point of view.
- It is not a form of question but always presenting personal’s perspective. Avoid quotation, hearsay, facts-based, and paraphrasing other’s opinion.