I am an IB student and have chosen English L and L as my subject for my extended essay. I have chosen category one for my English extended essay for which the novel is Tuesdays With Morrie. But I am having difficulties framing a good research question. Could you recommend me some questions that I could maybe use for my essay? Thank you.
1 Answer | Add Yours
Hello! You asked about the IB extended essay in Category One for Tuesdays With Morrie. Some good questions you could use for your extended essay:
1) "Learn how to die, and you learn how to live." Examine the ramifications of self-awareness in daily living. How does this help us experience the fullness of life?
2) Analyze the importance of love being a win-win situation for both parties as opposed to a business transaction.
...in business people negotiate to win. They negotiate to get what they want. Maybe you're too used to that. Love is different. Love is when you are as concerned about someone else's situation as you are about your own...
3) Analyze the art of detachment as a tool for accepting and embracing one's fate.
...detachment doesn't mean you don't let the experience penetrate you. On the contrary, you let it penetrate you fully. That's how you are able to leave it...
4) To what extent has spending Tuesdays with his mentor influenced Mitch Albom in his own view of life and what personal happiness means?
5) To what extent does trust enrich relationships? Does Mitch Albom experience this as he spends time with his mentor? How?
...And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too--even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling..
6) Analyze the importance of Morrie's rules for a successful marriage. Is he right?
...there are a few rules I know to be true about love and marriage: If you don't respect the other person, you're gonna have a lot of trouble. If you don't know how to compromise, you're gonna have a lot of trouble. If you can't talk openly about what goes on between you, you're gonna have a lot of trouble. And if you don't have a common set of values in life, you're gonna have a lot of trouble. Your values must be alike...
Hope this gives you something to work with. You can always use variations of the above for your extended essay. Good luck! Thanks for the question.
We’ve answered 318,947 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question