Great request. Let me list some pros and cons for each.
Advantages for films:
- Film can engage the senses in a powerful way. For instance, you have motion picture, sound, and even sense. Keep in mind that a picture can be worth 1000 words!
- Film has the benefit of a theater setting, where there are no distractions.
- Film can manipulate a person's emotions with acting.
Advantages for written texts:
- Texts are not bound by time. Text and books can be long.
- Texts at times can convey more complex material, because people can pause to reread and reread again (even discuss and look up things).
- Texts are not bound by chronology or any external constraints.
Disadvantages for films:
- Film is bound by 2 or 3 hours. It must be done in one sitting.
- Films are expensive to make. Not all can do it.
Disadvantage for texts:
- Texts only really engage two senses in a limited way - sight and sound (if a text is read aloud).
In short, there are both pros and cons for each medium. So, it is important to think about what you want to achieve.