I need help writing a speech to ask for votes for my running for vice president of my eighth grade class.
Begin with a quotation or some kind of humor. For example, this quotation refers to the vice-president's job.
The great humorist Will Rogers stated that the man with the best job in the world is the vice-president. All he has to do is get up every morning and say, "How is the president?" As long as the president is doing his job, I am okay.
As a speaker, you have to have a thesis or make a point. One idea might be that you have a vision for your class. After your initial humor, then begin with a strong statement. Here's a skeleton of a speech that you can fill in with more statements and your ideas:
- I have a vision for our class.
- In my vision, I see all of my classmates working toward a unified goal
- How do we achieve my vision?
- We work together
- We share the responsiblity for achieving our goal
- In my vision, I lead the fund raisers and other activities that will be needed to achieve our unified goal.
- We can and will succeed if we stand together and help me complete my vision for our class.
- I need your help and your vote!
By using the idea of having a goal and a vision, this conveys the idea that you have given running for office a lot of thought. Furthermore, it establishes you as a leader who knows what to do to achieve this goal and how to get there.
Add your own personal flavor to the idea. Add a short story about your vision. Make the vision your own.